So here we are on Turkey Day and I'm up at a somewhat respectable hour. Go me! I wrote a piece around 3am, mind you. It was a profanity-laced tirade of… irrelevance? Anyway, the point is, on this day of thanks, I'd like to share some things I'm thankful about.
- I'm thankful for my health, even though I feel like I move like an old man. I recently became aware, that our dear Taylor Cast will be training for a marathon in the coming year. Perhaps that's some added motivation.
- I'm thankful for being an “accidental blogger.” I never really intended to have a long running blog, yet here this blog is… Three years old. (yes, November is the Urban Dater's birthday month, kids)
- I'm thankful for the awesome friends I've met as a result of being this so-called “accidental blogger.” Single Much, Simone Grant, Jack From Bkln, Sherri Langburt, Miss Melisa Mae, Ross Felix and so many more. You all are so freaking awesome.
- I'm thankful for adversity…
- I'm thankful for my awesome friends and family.
- I'm thankful for the opportunities that have been coming my way of late.
- I'm thankful for the internet and the Downfall Meme.
- I'm thankful to be able to do the things I love (don't be a pevert, ya lil jerks)
- I'm thankful for those times when I'm out on a walk with my best girl… Those are the times when we talk about all sorts of things and stuff… Some of it serious, some of it… less than serious and downright silly.
- I'm thankful for the big fluff of fur that belongs to a cat named Chester. He drools
- Lastly, I'm thankful that just about two years ago I was able to overcome my fear of committment, swallow my pride and ask a girl out on a date who had no reason to accept… Her saying “yes” has made all the difference in this guy's insignificant little life and has made me a very happy man.
So, what are you thankful for, kids?