The Urban Dater is into sharing, and by that we mean we want your guest posts! We can only write so much so we rely on a little help from our talented friends. If you are interested in guest posting for the Urban Dater contact us via our contact form.
If you’re providing a simple article to us (meaning you’re not promoting a product or service) fill out the form below. If you’d like to talk about advertising or promoting a product or service, use this form to get in touch.
- Must be original content. No re-posts of previously published articles or other folks’ work.
- Any topic related to dating, sex, or relationships (only Zach from The Good Badger can write for us on non-dating related content) qualifies as long as it isn’t a re-hash of something we’ve done before (or even many times). Use the search function on the site to dig around and make sure that you aren’t delivering the exact same advice we’ve all heard 100 times. Make it interesting!
- Must be at least 500 words (ideally in the 600-1000 word range!).
- Some style notes:
- ONLY ONE SPACE AFTER PERIODS. Anything with double spaces after a period will get the article kicked back to you.
- Spell out all numbers up to 100.
- Consult Grammarbook for any grammar/punctuation questions you have
- Include sources If you want to talk about your experience or an opinion–go for it! But if you want to state facts, make sure to back them up! Link to other articles! Make it personal, or act like a true expert–we love both!
- Include a photo that relates to your post that we can add. The photo should be a minimum of 800 pixels wide to fit with our format. Always give credit and source for the image you’re using. Be sure that you have a license to use the image for the post you submit. Creative Commons licenses allow usage as long as you attribute the source and give credit to the rights holder. Royalty-Free doesn’t mean you can use the image for free; you still need to get permission to use the license.
- Set up a Gravatar account and link it to the email you send us your story from.
- Send us a link to your prior work.
- Proofread your post. Only Alex slides by without proofreading, and Betty doesn’t have time to check your work as well as his.
- That said, expect some edits–it’s not that your work isn’t wonderful, but having a second set of eyes do a quick skim and fix up any lingering spelling/grammar errors, as well as tailoring to fit our audience and adjusting for SEO is pretty standard.
- Have fun! This is an elective process and shouldn’t feel like homework, so enjoy it.
If you are interested in advertising a product or service, please review our Advertiser Guidelines here.
Although we receive so many submissions that it’s not possible for us to publish them all, we so appreciate the time, energy, and creativity given to us in every single one. Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us, and we hope to see you around the Urban Dater soon!
This form is for new authors who HAVEN'T written for the Urban Dater before. If you've already contributed content to us in the past please login here
Submit your Guest Post here
For more information on rights and usage, please give our Terms and Conditions page a read through.