You know that I’m a fan of technology and I’m especially a fan of service providers that work to bring singles offline for some face-to-face interaction. Enter Stef and the City.
I was recently approached by Stef Safran, of Stef and the City, a Chicago based networking guru and self-styled “recessionista matchmaker,” to talk about what she’s doing in the world of dating and match making. The lady is a force and can work a room, thus I was eager to hear her out.
Stef is a networking professional first and foremost, but she realized that her networking connections could be used for the purposes of setting up singles. Having checked out her site, which is an evolution in progress, it’s clear that she has a vision to help successful singles meet other like-minded singles.
Some of the services provided by Stef and the City are
- Matchmaking for people looking to date and have fun
- Provides a forum for professionals to find networking events and even uses her personal network to find the right people, and matches, to introduce to her clients
- Stef and the City prepares a Social events calendar and tailor it to suit their client’s interests and needs. This is one of the more effective ways to get people motivated to meet one another.
- Arranges for trips for singles and often includes discounts on popular items and gift bags, too.
- Monday Morning Jolt is Stef’s answer to Groupon… without Groupon, which features weekly offers and discounts to fans of Stef and the City.
Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. They definitely provide a large swath of services and take great care to screen their clients and the people they bring together for their singles and networking events.
For more details, check out Stef and the City.