Think you have a great profile to attract a quality man? Think again. With millions of profiles out there, nobody thinks they have a bad profile. But the reality of the situation is, millions of people are unintentionally making critical mistakes that are sending quality men away in droves. Below is a list of the most common mistakes you might be making!
1. You are only as good as your worst picture. It is critical to remember at all times that men are extremely visual. You may have five great profile pictures posted, but if that sixth picture sends a red flag or is unattractive, he will probably will move on to the next profile.
2. Creating lists of what you don’t want in a man. When men see long lists of things that you aren’t looking for in a partner, they will start to question if you are just a high-maintenance woman who is impossible to please. Instead of listing what you don’t want in your profile, focus on what you do want, and just ignore the unwanted men who invade your inbox.
3. Displaying negativity. A profile should maintain positivity at all times. Don’t hint that you have become frustrated with online dating or make any other negative comments. Positive energy attracts positive attention. Negativity will steer good guys away.
4. Using desperate sounding language. Avoid phrases such as, “I hope to hear from you,” “Waiting for my prince charming,” “If you are interested….,” etc. Language should always demonstrate confidence and that you are in control of your own destiny.
5. Being a walking cliche. There are millions of profiles on dating sites. If you don’t want to blend in with every other woman out there, create a profile that pops off the page with personality, playful language, and a conversational feel to it. An original profile will have a man remembering who you are long after he reads the next ten messages.
6. Not putting in the effort. Too often women create extremely short profiles and use the excuse of “I don’t know what to write.” When you write a super brief profile that barely says anything about you, you are just encouraging the guys who are only interested in your looks to send you a message. This is not exactly the best formula for landing a quality man. If you really don’t write well, hire a pro!
7. Boring your audience. If you were to meet a man at a bar and you liked him, how would you act? You’d probably be conversational, playful, fun, maybe even flirt a little bit. The same should go for your profile. Men read countless boring profiles every day. Don’t bore your audience. Win them over the same way you would attempt to win someone over face to face.
8. Sexualizing your photo gallery. You may receive dates this way, but it won’t be for the right reasons. A quality man will sometimes still try to have fun while he is looking for “the one.” By sexualizing your photo gallery, you are putting yourself on potential hook up status, and eliminating yourself from potential girlfriend/wife status.
9. Lack of Structure. Notice how this whole page is written in small sections that are a few sentences each. If I were to write the same information in one or two long paragraphs, nobody would read it. Psychologically, small sections seem more appealing. Structure your profile in small two to three sentence sections, with each area tapping into a different aspect of your who you are, and what you are all about.
Want to have the perfect online dating profile created for yourself? best online dating profiles for secrets behind the profile writers in the world, or visit this page for a free profile evaluation and to learn 6 reasons why a professional profile writer can change your life.
Joshua Pompey is a world recognized expert in the field of online dating and relationships. Founder of Next Evolution Matchmaking and JoshuaPompey.Com, you can find plenty of services and free advice by visiting the following links: http://nemvip.com and http://joshuapompey.com