I talked about “Ethics in Blogging” recently and it's had me thinking a lot since then. About? Well, about being more authentic in my personal blogging on the Urban Dater. Often, I'm handcuffed by how I think my friends and family would perceive me. I mean, everyone that knows me knows that I have this blog. But this blog has become a place where I can come and sort my thoughts out and get em out of my head.
I can't really do that if I'm always worrying about what I can or can't say or censoring myself randomly. I had to be really honest with myself, because it has to start there before I can be more honest with the handful of folks that read this thing.
What I can honestly say about me:
- I cuss. A lot. If you don't like it, grow up and come back or get the fuck out.
- I'm not perfect. I make a lot of shitty decisions. I'll share those with you.
- Talking shit about my exes (not that I have any to talk about) is off the table. I won't do it. I do think that the act of doing so says much more about me than it does about them.
- I fail. A lot. Again, I'll share them with you.
- Ask me a question and I'll give you an honest fucking answer.
- Sometimes I win and, yeah, I'll share that with you also…
- If you have something shitty to say about me or this site, I'll post it. I'll probably tell you to go fuck yourself, but it'll be there for all (including my mama) to see.
So that's that. If you can deal with this, then we can be friends and you can read the fuck out of me and enjoy it a little bit more.
I really think I needed to do that…