7 Corny & Creative Ways to Dump Someone
When it comes with dumping someone the ways are endless. The problem comes with finding the best way.
In the dating world there are, and will always be, break-ups. Whether you are online dating, or conventionally dating, you’ll probably experience a break-up in your life. “Nearly one-third of all Americans have experienced a breakup in the past ten years” (Fetto, 2003). Most people who date experience several breakups in their life, most of which are difficult. It doesn’t matter how many breakups someone goes through, they usually don’t get any easier, and sometimes they even get harder.
Breakups are hard on the dumpee, and sometimes even the dumper.
The process of letdown can play an important role in the effects of a breakup. Some ways may be easier on the dumpee, while others may be easier on the dumper. Determining the best way to breakup with someone depends on both or your personalities, and the reason for the breakup.
7 Corny Ways to Dump Someone
Many people have a difficult time telling someone to their face that it’s over. However, in most cases that’s the right way for it to be done. There are several ways to dump someone without telling them to their face, many of which are corny and disrespectful. “In a survey of more than 100 undergraduate students 28% of the participants indicated that they had been dumped via some form of technology, with text messaging (18%) being the most frequent” (Weisskirch & Delevi, 2012). 7 of the corniest ways to dump someone, most of which include technology are:
1) Text message or email. Send a short text message establishing the end of the relationship. “Approximately 48% of online daters reported that their breakups occurred via email” (Evans, 2009)
2) Over the phone. Dumping someone over the phone or through a voicemail message.
3) Through Social Media. Through social media posts, private message, or simply by changing “in a relationship” status to “single”.
4) Have someone else do it. Have a friend or roommate relay the breakup message.
5) Introducing the replacement. Dumping someone by introducing their replacement.
6) Pushing away or playing games. Pushing someone away or playing guessing games such as 20 questions or a treasure hunt.
7) Newspaper add. Placing a personal break-up add in the newspaper.
7 Creative Ways to Dump Someone
While the best way to dump someone is by telling them to their face, there are other creative ways that may work better for both sides depending on personalities. 7 of the most creative ways to dump someone are:
1) Public display. Posting a message on a billboard or placing messages on multiple road signs leading up to the break up message.
2) Drawing or animation. Drawing a picture or a set of pictures or animations expressing the break-up and why.
3) Food as parting gift. Using food as a parting gift such a putting a message in a pizza and having it delivered, baking a cake with a breakup message on it, or sending a basket of comfort food with a break up message in it.
4) Mean gesture. Doing something mean to them and telling them it’s over such as pushing them in the pool and saying, “it’s over”.
5) Through a song or video. Write them a break-up song, rewrite your song as a break-up song, or make them a video.
6) Through a magic trick. Do or hire someone to do a magic trick for them with the message incorporated in the trick.
7) Using a gift item representing message. Use an item gift as a representing the message such as a toy dump truck.
Whichever way is chosen to dump someone it is always important to keep their feelings in mind. While some may find it thoughtful to put effort into a breakup, others may find it insulting. Always keep your personal feelings in mind too. Factors effecting your decision may be based on your temperaments, mutual feelings, and location. If you are dating someone you met through online dating, if might be more appropriate to dump them via email or chat than someone you met through a conventional free dating method. Just do what you think is best, and make it as positive of an experience as possible.
Article contribution thanks to Allan Pike from Free Dating Sites Australia - Helping Australian men and women have meaningful connections.
Online Dating News & Advice Right in Your Inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy Notice and European users agree to the data transfer policy.