So, you’re single and ready to mingle. You’re beginning to wonder if finding Mr. Right is going to happen…or actually starting to wonder who on Earth said there was even a Mr. Right out there!
The dating scene can be fun and exciting, but it can also be complicated and sometimes even more intense that a relationship itself. You may even think that dating is easy as pie and as simple as the two time table, however, there is definitely more to think about before you throw yourself into the world of dating.
Going on your first date with someone involves a lot of deep thinking and decision making. Is he right for you? Do you even fancy him after spending time with him? Does he eat too much like a pig for you to want to see him again? I understand; it can be a very difficult situation for the brain to go through. Over-thinking can be the worst thing to do, but at the same time can be used in making the following decisions:
Do you date lots of men before you find the right one, or date the odd one and take your time finding out whether he's the wrong or right man for you? Do you plan on going on dates a lot or barely at all? We hope by the end of this blog you can answer all these questions in confidence!
The Pros and Cons of Dating One Man at a Time
Make note that by “dating one man,” I mean going on the a series of dates with one guy to figure out whether there is any potential for a relationship. I’m not referring to the situation where you have been dating one man for a while, and it has become an almost-certain chance of a forming relationship, because in this case, dating one man is the best option–nobody likes a cheater!
Finding a guy and dating him and only him seems like the moralistic thing to do, and it probably is to some, but it’s not exactly a horrible thing to do if you don’t. If you’re a woman with a busy life anyway, one man can be more than enough to fit into your tight schedule.
Nevertheless, putting one man into perspective can be beneficial for the following reasons:
- It is hard enough managing one dude as it is, nevermind a number of them.
- It keeps you focussed on that one person and allows you to make your decision easier on whether he is right for you or not.
- You are essentially avoiding any potential situation of liking more than one man at the same time.
- It is easier for the brain and the heart to keep up with!
Then of course, there are cons to the one-man-dating-game too.
- It can be a very slow process if you or your man move at a slow pace
- The man you’re dating might be dating more than one woman himself
- If you want to find the right man in a quicker time period, experimenting between a few can’t be too bad!
Effectively, arranging dates with one man will be a good idea for someone who doesn’t have the time to mess around with a variety of dates. It also makes for a good option if you’re the type of woman that falls for someone easily, the last thing you want is to date a few men and want to keep all of them!
The Pros and Cons of Dating Lots of Guys
You should know that dating a few men isn’t a sin; if you’re single and free there really is nothing wrong with dating a lot in order to find the one you want to be with.
For a woman with willpower and confidence, finding Mr Right in this way could be the perfect thing to do for the following reasons:
- You can distinguish the features between the men you like and don’t like easier, which helps you to discover the kind of man you want to be with
- It’s fun and interesting
- It can make the process of finding a boyfriend quicker
- You will initially find this a good way of getting to know yourself as well as getting to know other people
If you’re not quite sure why this can also be a bad idea, then here are the list of cons:
- You run a high risk of being the central reason for a big battle if two of your men meet
- You can become easily confused in who you want to keep dating
- It can be complicated and hurtful if you fall for more than one man!
Dating a lot of men isn’t for the faint hearted; it takes courage and a clear understanding of yourself and your own personal preferences in a man. It is no good dating more than one man if you’re not even sure what you’re looking for!
Going On a Lot of Dates Regularly or Going on Few Dates Less Regularly?
Personally, I think that going on too many dates with a lot of men can leave you feeling shattered and way too focused on your love life. The dating scene can be so stressful that you don’t really want to plunge right in and let it completely take over your life. On the other hand, if you find one man you like and you’re beginning to love spending time together, there should be nothing stopping you from dating each other and finding new things to do together!
Always try to keep in mind that the majority of men can be easily put off by a girl that is too keen on them or shows signs of wanting to see them a lot (I’m sure we have all already acknowledged that men are from Mars.) So, keeping in contact but keeping dating to a minimum may well be the best way to keep the best guys interested.
Finding Mr Right is a dream most women share, and it will happen once you perfect your dating tactics and understand what your options are. Remember, there’s no better way to find the perfect boyfriend or perfect companion than being yourself – Go get ‘em girl!
What do you think of this blog? Can you think of anymore dating tips? If so, let us know in the comments section.