Hi Urban Daters!
As you know, we're about a month and a half into the new year, and we've been long teasing what's to come for the Urban Dater. We've been working on big things (including an e-book that we're soon to announce!), and we broke our highest hits ever last month–in fact, our readership has more than doubled since this time last year. We also made the commitment to bring you content of a higher quality and that we're working to up our game, and here's one of the first big steps: We're looking for contributors who would like to join the Urban Dater team. FOR REAL.
As you know, we take guest post submissions already. Over the last seven years, we've had upward of three hundred contributors share their thoughts and feelings with us, many of which have been return contributors that we have strong bonds with (and appreciate so dearly!). We want to keep doing that, but we're also seeking a couple of people who are interested in taking it to the next level.
Below, we've included some details on what we're looking for, as well as what we're offering in return. We want a few people who can join the UD team officially–hopefully make a little money, develop some skills, and add a fresh new dynamic to our already dynamite two person team.
Continue reading to find out what we're looking for and how to apply:
- You’re the sort that revels in grammatically correct and cohesive writing.
- You’re well-versed in social media; we wouldn’t ask you to run ours, but we do ask you to promote your articles!
- You have some sales/marketing experience, and are down to hustle for opportunities.
- You have a fun, engaging writing voice, and lots of opinions when it comes to sex, dating, and romance.
- You’re a consummate professional; we like (and are) irreverent, but we also like (and are) reliable, trustworthy, self-motivated, and communicative.
- Technologically competent.
What you gain:
- Experience and hands-on training in WordPress
- Constructive feedback and editing on your writing
- Priority publishing of your articles
- Gain fundamental training in SEO, content marketing, and Google Analytics
- Between our site traffic and social media presence, upward of 80,000 views on your work each month
- Commission on any business development you bring in–as well as any that we kick to you and ask you to write about
- Promotion of your brand and your business–whether that’s your personal brand or whether you own your own business related to the subjects we cover, we’ll be sure to promote the hell out of not only your work, but you and your biz.
We’re seeking people for a three month minimum commitment.
When you email, please include two writing samples (links are ideal, but the text can also can be included in the bottom of the email–please do not send attachments!), as well as a little bit about who you are and what you’re about.I f you have any other relevant info (social media links, a website, etc.), feel free to include! We want to know about YOU, so give us what you've got!
Please put “The Urban Dater is my Valentine” in the subject line.
Send all inquiries to [email protected].
Every application will be considered, but please be patient as we go through all of the applications received. We will read them all and will be in touch within the next week or two.