I’ve been meaning to address this one for a bit now. Google Authorship has become a big deal with bloggers recently. It’s something we’re geared up for here, at the Urban Dater as well. This post is for our current contributors on the Urban Dater as well as something for our fellow bloggers using WordPress to take note of.
Claiming Google Authorship
Hey man, fuck you, alright! Because I told you! There’s a number of reasons why you should claim your Google Authorship right now, mang!
- Boost your brand’s authority in Search and Social metrics
- With recent updates that Google has made, content creators, writers etc. are the focal point. That means YOU, buck-o-roonie!
- Grabs attention. If you look at the screen cap above, you’ll see the author’s pic next to their content. Typically, the first result in a Google search grabs the most attention. Not so much anymore. Configuring your Google Authorship can help drive more traffic to your site’s content.
This shit is so easy your Caveman of a Grandfather could do it!
- In WordPress, fill out your Google+ Profile URL. It should look like what I put in the image below.
If you did that right then if you ‘view source’ on one of your blog posts you should see the following:
- Add a Google+ Contributor Link - Yep, you gotta link back to your site as well. You can do this by going to your Google+ profile page, and editing the “Contributor To” section.
- Test Yo Shit! - What good is doing this if you don’t check to make sure your data is being presented correctly? Good thing Google knows this. Here’s a tool they provide so peeps can check to see if their data is properly configured to display properly.
So, if you contribute to the Urban Dater, be sure to fill out your profile info. Everyone wins!
Latest posts by yannibmbr (see all)
- Becoming a Better Blog - June 3, 2013
- Free Dating Sites Are for People Who Want One Night Stands - May 30, 2013
- Quick Hits: InReads Reviews the Urban Dater - May 24, 2013