I have asked some of my guy friends about what they think makes for a good girlfriend/partner in a relationship. Most of the time my friends said sex. That was it. Just sex. Well, I did get a few other nuggets out of them when I pressed for deeper and more meaningful answers.
- She does the little things – No, I’m not talking about your undersized rated R superstar, guys. If you’re working, does your girlfriend offer to get you something to eat or maybe stuff to drink? Does she get you random funny toys and trinkets just because? Does she send you messages telling you she misses you? These are a few things that let you know your woman cares. If your woman does this, you might have a keeper. If it’s some random girl you don’t know and haven’t met, then you may have a stalker. Tread cautiously. 😉
- She waits to have sex with you – There was a time when I thought this was kind of B.S. However, it turns out that if a woman waits to explore the depths of your, errr, loin, then she cares. The woman wants you to know that she thinks your special and wants to wait to share that intimate connection with you. So if you go out with a woman and she won’t sleep with you, don’t be discouraged, she’s probably into you, especially if she keeps agreeing to go out with you. Just be prepared to have your manhood questioned by your “boys.”
- She has a life of her own and it ain’t all that bad – You’ve been there. You’ve dated that woman; the clingy one. She’s more akin to saran wrap on the face or a life sized magnet than a person. Oh yes! You know what I’m talking about. This is the woman that gets pissed off when you want to go out with your buddies and not spend time with her. She can’t be alone; she can’t NOT be in some type of relationship. That type of woman is insecure and needs to suffocate you for something that she’s lacking in her own life. A strong and confident woman will have her own life that she wants to share with you because she wants to, not because she needs to. This is exactly the type of woman that is ideal to be in a relationship with.
- She makes a hell of a wing man – I’m not talking about the wing man that helps you pick up chicks at the bar, though, that would be kind of hot. I’m just saying. What I mean is that your girl makes you look good in front of your superiors at work at the company parties. She makes you look good in front of your friends, too. That is, when she’s not too busy dissin’ your bedroom antics. Okay, I’m kidding there; but a gal that is into you wants to help you shine when you need to most. Of course, returning the favor is expected so be warned on telling dick and fart jokes.
- A good woman knows a good man when she sees one – A woman who knows who she is knows what she deserves and what she’s worth. Not in a stuck up way, mind you. Be wary of women that always seem to go after the “bad boy” who mistreats them. A confident woman would rather wait and find a good guy to be with rather than some random turd of a guy just for the sake of being with somebody. It’s not wrong to be picky and wait for a good person.
Now, this list isn’t all inclusive, nor is it a guideline of what a good girlfriend HAS to be. However, it’s something to think about. The five items I mention illustrate a confident woman who is caring, appreciative, sensitive and giving and has respect for herself. Notice I didn’t mention cup size or fave sexual positions or role playing preferences. That’s a whole other article people.
Latest posts by yannibmbr (see all)
- Lazy Sunday Afternoon Date Ideas - May 27, 2015
- Vote for the Urban Dater for a Kick Ass Blog Award Thingy! - May 11, 2015
- How to Talk Dirty to Your Man - February 25, 2015